You Save: $11.00
MacuHealth with LMZ3 (90 capsules - approx. 3 month supply)
Each capsule contains: 10mg Lutein, 10 mg Meso-Zeaxanthin, 2 mg Zeaxanthin
Macuhealth with LMZ3 is a patented nutritional supplement that contains the three pigments found in the macula. Regular intake of Macuhealth with LMZ3 has been shown to restore macular pigment to normal levels (40% increase in MP over a 6 month period*).
- Unique formula eye supplement designed to reduce the risk of Macular Degeneration development and progression
- Scientifically designed to contain ALL the vital carotenoids for macular health – lutein, zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin
- The ONLY available eye supplement with 10mg of meso-zeaxanthin - the only carotenoid found exclusively in the macula
- Rigorously tested at leading global eye research institutions and endorsed by many eye care professionals worldwide
Scientists have long known that the yellow color, or pigment, inside the macula (central retina) comes from plant compounds known as the carotenoids, which include: lutein, zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin. They believe that these plant compounds help protect the macula in two MAJOR ways:
- Blue-light filter - by absorbing blue light from the broad spectrum and
- Anti-oxidant Effect – neutralizing harmful free radicals
- MZ is the dominant carotenoid in the central fovea
- Of the three macular carotenoids, MZ is the most powerful antioxidant
- MZ facilitates a wider range of blue light filtration
- Ideally located to afford protection against free radical damage
Importance of Meso-zeaxanthin
(Macular Pigment Research Group at the Waterford Institute of Technology)
MacuHealth with LMZ3 is a patented supplement that combines all three of these carotenoids to help reduce the risk of Macular Degeneration and maintain healthy eyes.
Suggested Use: Take one (1) capsule, once a day with a meal
What do Lutein and Zeaxanthin do?
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are dietary carotenoids that filter damaging high energy blue wavelength light from the visible-light spectrum by as much as 90%. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are also antioxidants and therefore protect against the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are harmful molecules that are produced through normal body processes, such as oxygen metabolism. Environmental sources of free radicals include cigarette smoke, air pollutants, radiation, certain drugs and environmental toxins. Why is Meso-Zeaxanthin so vital?
Meso-Zeaxanthin, the most potent antioxidant of the three carotenoids, is only found in the center portion of the macula where vision is sharpest. Meso-Zeaxanthin is obtained by an enzyme conversion of lutein to Meso-Zeaxanthin in the macula. It is not found in a typical diet.
Supplementation with Meso-Zeaxanthin will ensure that this crucial component of macular pigment accumulates in the target tissue (i.e. the central macula) in a way that is not dependent on an enzyme converting lutein to Meso-Zeaxanthin which can either be absent or insufficient in conversion levels in some individuals.
In a 1994 Journal of American Medical Association report, Dr. Johanna M. Seddon and her associates at Harvard University found that 6 mg per day of lutein lead to a 43 percent lower risk for Macular Degeneration.
“When we compared the amount of macular pigment, which is comprised of lutein and zeaxanthin, present in the eyes of people with age-related macular degeneration to people without the disease, those with the lowest levels of carotenoid accumulation in the outer retina were significantly more likely to suffer from age-related macular degeneration than those with higher pigment levels, ” said Dr. Landrum. “The difference in risk between those having the highest and lowest levels was 75 percent.”
Dr. Landrum, Florida International University
Customer Reviews:There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review.